[lit-ideas] Re: Bizarre Side Effect of Drinking Coffee

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:06:42 EDT

In a city that has a population of 80,000, there are two, count them, 2,
groceries that carry red unsweetened grapefruit juice (I prefer it to the
white).  I absolutely crave the stuff.  It's funny.  My Mom tells  me when she
was
pregnant with me she craved grapefruits and ate them by the  gross.  Btw, I'm
absolutely certain you can find unsweetened unadulterated  by anything
grapefruit juice on-line -- you'd have to pay shipping, but try  Froogle.

Julie Krueger
who would pay the shipping if it came to that

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Bizarre Side
Effect of Drinking Coffee  Date: 6/16/06 8:00:44 A.M. Central Daylight Time
From:
_pas@xxxxxxxxx (mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 01:55 AM 6/16/2006, you  wrote:
>Julie,
>Uh oh. Grapefruit juice: If you're taking any meds,  especially any
>psychotropics, check about possible  interactions.

I used to buy a bottle of unsweetened, yellow grapefruit  juice almost every
morning. I LOVE it. For some reason, every variety store  around here has
stopped selling it. I cannot get a good bottle of grapefruit  juice. They
have this wussie, sweetened pink stuff, but that's not  grapefruit juice. I
want the stuff that makes you look like Waylan's Madam  for a few seconds.
I've gone back to having to work for my fix now --  actually eat a
grapefruit. I'll bet somebody in the meddling Canadian  government found out
about the interaction with drugs like Carol and Andy  talk about. For all I
know they've outlawed my favourite drink. It had to  happen sooner or later,
everything I enjoy gets  cancelled.

sourpuss,
paul

Paul  Stone