[lit-ideas] Re: Bizarre Faith

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:54:15 -0800 (PST)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Nov 4, 2004 1:11 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Bizarre Faith

I think it's very interesting that instead of answering the question,
people are attacking me for being silly, asinine and close-minded.

Is it REALLY because you think I'm not being honest with my inquiry?

or:

Is it because it's too difficult a question to answer?
Is it because you don't really know?
Is it because you secretly don't believe it?
Is it because you fear that if you lay it down it will sound insignificant?
is it because, as a nasty non-believer, I don't deserve to know?

A.A. In my opinion religious belief is basically inherited, along with
political affiliation.  It's really not a choice.  Alex I believe said the
trend is toward liberalization.  Yes, but only as it equates with sinfulness.

Regarding irrational behavior, an awful lot of secular behavior is irrational
too.

Andy Amago

paul

Paul Stone