[lit-ideas] Bin Laden's Speech

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:24:43 -0500

At 01:51 PM 1/20/2006, you wrote:

he's stated his demands clearly a number of times.

So they haven't changed? I was led to believe that there was something a little 'different' in this last statement.

Andreas: he's not ranting. he's a trained engineer with an MBA. highly educated. he has managed very large international projects. he's very clear and articulate.

Engineers can still rant. MBAs can REALLY rant.

the White House says he's ranting, in order to distract from what he says.

I never listen to what the White House says. "Ranting" was my word. You can rant without raving. I've never thought bin laden was a maniac. A big dickhead, yes, but not a looney. There is definite method in his silly beliefs. He's very clever in organizing his disgusting attacks. One can be tremendously smart and highly educated and still be nefarious. In fact, you almost HAVE to be smart to carry out organized terrorist activities.

read the transcripts. he has been consistent for 10-15 years now. non-Muslims must get out of Muslim land.

So... is he clear enough to say "IF y'all get out of our place, we'll leave you alone?" I mean, will a pan-islamic state (wherever that ends up being) settle the matter? Or do they actually want all 'infidels' dead?

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada