[lit-ideas] Re: Big Pharma's competition

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 02:55:22 EDT

In a message dated 5/7/2005 12:50:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
You  should take a look at what Brazil has done. As I mentioned in an
earlier  post, they nationalized all the AIDS drugs and made generic
copies which  they distributed to all AIDS patients for free.

Hi, Eric,
Yes, I read that article.  It was, truly, a step of courage (in many
respects) for the Brazilian government to say 'no' to the US AID money.   (AID
money
for AIDS <g>  Sorry, it just makes me smile every time I  think of that...so
little entertains me sometimes!)

I think it really shows, on both accounts, that it is possible to help and
do 'good' if one is committed to doing so.

Yes, I know we might as well consider it that rapture time if something
happens.  We saw an inkling with the flu shot issue.  Something really  awful
that
strikes a number of so many...yes.

I don't know what to do about the direction our nation is taking except to
do what I can with what I have for who I can.   And, to step back and
watch--wondering how long it will take for someone(s) to realize that things
are  not
going in a very healthy-for-all-of us-including ourselves--direction.

Since 'revolution' and such along with the '60s' is such a *bad* term for  so
many (at least here), I don't know who and how things will change.

Thinking I probably ought to get some rest,
Marlena in Missouri