[lit-ideas] Re: Big Pharma's competition

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 09:43:22 -0400

Marlena, you're right.  When someone has the ability to reason equal to
that of the family pet, they shouldn't be disrespected .  When the family
pet drools, people deal with it like mature adults.  Let me restate my
position.  Do these brainless people drool all the time, or just when they
pray?

But, most
> people cannot do that.  Many of them simply choose not to do so  but many
of
> them have no idea as to how to do that--and many of them think that  if
they
> even come close to doing that -- well, it will mean that, in some way,
they
> are condoning the other side.
>
> Even wondering if a person drools smacks (to me) of dis-respect and makes
me
> wonder if you been aware of the 'good' in these folks.   There is
> much--especially if you value taking care of kids (one's one, but
also--many of  them
> are very involved in volunteer activities which help the elderly, help
the
> disabled [esp kids going to camps], help with school/PTA activities [and
do not
> sell that sort of activity short--it is in dire need--for much of what
happens
> that is of the 'added value' happens because of a PTA which has active
> parents  in it...]   The fellow from the NYTImes editorial board (I think
that  was
> where he is from) who wrote one of the few books tracking the trends and
> beliefs of the 'regular person' as he traveled the area, is able to
articulate
> pretty well that these are people who, in many respects, care very deeply
for
> People...
>
> I may not agree with their points of view--but I do in some arenas of
life.
> Still, even for the beliefs of which I do not agree, it is very  very
hard no
> matter where I would be to not assimiliate those points of  view.
Perhaps
> that is one reason why I look at every angle for all aspects  as much as
I can.
>  (my child is having a hard time right now--I think  we have hit a new
phase
> of development, though, in which he sees too many people  who he respects
and
> honors in certain arenas of life who hold very different
political/religious