[lit-ideas] Re: Big Muddy

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 00:58:09 -0500

No problem.  I live in Midtown.  That's God's playground.  Cain't nothing
hurt us.  It is quite an unusual sight though.  The river is normally about
a half to three-quarters of a mile wide at Memphis.  In Spring it overflows
on the west side for about another half a mile for a spell, then obediently
recedes. Right now it's more like looking out over Puget Sound.
Impressive.   No need to waste any concern over the flooding.  Only the poor
are being hurt.  Funny how that is -- funny like in the affinity tornadoes
have for trailer parks.  Thanks for asking though.

Mike Geary
Memphis
"I got a cravin' love for blazin' speed
I got a hopped up Mustang Ford
Jump into the wagon, love
Throw your panties overboard
I can write you poems, make a strong man lose his mind
I'm no pig without a wig, I hope you treat me kind
Things are breakin' up out there
Highwater everywhere"
                -- Bob Dylan