[lit-ideas] Biblical vegetarians, etc.

  • From: -tor <phatic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lit Ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 21:15:24 +0200

Listers,

It is always a pleasure to partake in so much generosity and kind exchange. Viz. the Good Book, from whence we glean the following:

One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. (Romans 14:1)

Tough day for vegetarians. The implication isn't entirely clear, though. "One person believes he may eat anything." Merely believes? As in wrongly? Does the weak person make up for a lack in belief with knowledge? And who is this "one person"?

So many questions, so few... wise men.

(This post was supposed to be about a certain injunction on "putting two words together" on a particular day of the week. Since our chief search engine was unable to locate such an interdict, it is assume that no such ban is in effect?)

Best regards,
-tor

http://torgeirfjeld.wordpress.com/

* * *

"It makes no difference to me at what point I begin, for I shall always come back again to this. It is necessary both to say and to think that being is; for it is possible that being is, and it is impossible that not-being is; this is what I bid thee ponder." -- The Goddess of Parmenides
To change your Lit-Ideas settings (subscribe/unsub, vacation on/off,
digest on/off), visit www.andreas.com/faq-lit-ideas.html