[lit-ideas] Re: Better late than never

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:49:45 -0800

Maybe the real question is, what does it mean to us that Iran has nuclear weapons? They can't do anything to us or they fry. Is there a chance they don't know that?

Precisely. This isn't about the USA. There is zero threat to the USA.

As for Lawrence and Eric, just why is it that you two think you're the Captain America defenders of the USA? All I hear from you is the bleating of two little lambs, terrified of a goose. "The USA is threatened!" "They're coming to get us!" "We're in danger!" "Oh, my! Oh, my!"

What is it with the victim mentality? You two really think the USA is going to collapse if an Arab jumps up and shouts "boo!"?

From my point of view, the USA, as part of the global economy, is unshakable. We have absolutely nothing to fear from anyone, not even a dusty little desert mouse. Iran a threat to the USA? If any of my Persian friends heard that, you wouldn't be able to stop the giggling.

From Bush, this is just posturing. Terrorize the citizens that the darkies are coming to get them. Distract from his polls and disasters. But why does Eric and Lawrence fall for that nonsense?

yrs,
andreas