[lit-ideas] Re: Beliefs, reasons and decisions

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 00:06:00 -0800

I was well into a struggle with how anyone could be named "Candance Pert," and reading all about the lady before I realized that the "n" is a typo.

Tricky.  Sucker me in.

David Ritchie,
Portlandia by the Bay

On Nov 13, 2008, at 9:11 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

>> the assertion that the belief would underwrite the decision is itself not entirely rational.

Cognitive science indicates that "mind" is not the province of the brain alone, but is distributed throughout the body; further, that the traditional separation of mind (rational components included) from the body is no longer valid. See the work of Candance Pert on this subject.

Contrapositive of Witt: non-analysis has to continue somewhere. Why not in the shocks that flesh is heir to?

Eric