[lit-ideas] Re: Belief according to Robertson Davies

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:21:18 -0500

Except that we do know things and people prefer not to know them; case in
point: where Iraq is now was predicted years ago and obvious all along, yet
only when it blew up completely people started to notice.  Also, with
global warming, the future is here, and people refuse to believe it.  I
don't know if I have the quotation right, but it isn't what we don't know
that hurts us; it's what we're sure we do know that's the problem.