[lit-ideas] Re: Barnett's Blueprint for Action

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:22:11 -0700

From: "Lawrence Helm"

You should really see Barnett's interview. He says we have the wrong sort of military force for what we'll need in the future and what we needed in Iraq. He said Rumsfeld was right about what it took to win the war.

Now I really don't want to watch Barnett.

Rumsfeld was right about what it took to win the war? Lawrence, a troop of Girl Scouts could have won that war! The Iraqi were totally inept, unprepared, and unmotivated. There was no "war". The US simply rolled in and shot up the place. They even did a drive-by shooting in Baghdad: a whole battalion drove through Baghdad and shot at everything and returned to camp. The Iraqi Army simply collapsed.

That wasn't a war in any sense.

Rumsfeld, who has zero military experience, is fascinated with technology and
action heroes.

You still haven't responsed to my question about Rumsfeld. Rumsfeld thinks he should line up and shoot 100 US Army generals in the Pentagon. Do you think that's a good idea? Did Barnett approve of this strategy as well?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com