[lit-ideas] Re: Barnett's Blueprint for Action

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 00:03:15 -0400

Eric, I'm Russian (American, but Russian nevertheless) and I take exception
to this.  The Russians fought for their country.  They did it willingly.
They, stupidly, loved Stalin and loved their homeland, like anyone.  They
fought the Germans because they were invaded.  They defeated an enemy that
outnumbered them 2 to 1, that had superior equipment.  Nobody does that
who's coerced.  The repatriation thing is true, but the people still fought
to win, even civilians.  As far as people being handcuffed, it's war, who
knows.  I don't doubt that all kinds of things happen in war.