[lit-ideas] Re: Back in Gaza

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:32:42 -0700

Omar,

I'm getting ready to take my wife off to her doctor and possibly the
hospital after that and so am not giving this my full attention.  I spent so
much time trying to compare Bush to Hamas that I failed to pay attention to
your premise.  No one makes that assumption.  I saw you twist my statement
into something it didn't say earlier but paid little attention.  Now I see
you built your premise upon your (intentional?) misinterpretation of my
statement.   Israel didn't respond to Hamas until after Hamas had been
rocketing it for awhile.  The Palestinian mistake was in electing a
Terrorist organization which would be operating in accordance with its creed
which includes the destruction of Israel.  Why elect an organization which
has vowed to destroy the powerful state next door?  Hamas has denied the
right of Israel to exist.  Why buy into that?   Either you believe in the
Hamas creed or you have made a colossal error in judgment.  Sooner or later
Hamas is going to do something overt and Israel is going to respond.  I know
Leftists are crying "cease fire, cease fire," but Hamas and Hezbollah
started this and if I were running things in Israel I wouldn't stop with
Hamas and Hezbollah's rockets in their current locations and their troops
threatening my border.  I would do as much damage to these terrorist
organizations as I could, utterly destroying them if at all possible.  As I
said earlier, Militant Islamic Terrorist organizations should be eliminated.
You shouldn't mind that since you are a moderate.

Lawrence

  _____