[lit-ideas] Re: BaPoCo: Donal's Poultry Contest

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 20:13:12 +0100 (BST)

I don't disagree with Phil's comments: I was criticising the poem, not implying
that W's formulation is lacking in "the specificity required", whatever that
is. Of course, it might be said that we can only usefully speak of
'specificity' [or the lack thereof] when we are speaking about specific things
or, more precisely perhaps, 'facts' - and that '_everything_ that is the case'
is not a _specific_ thing or fact for these purposes.

Whatever, it hardly saves the poem from being inapt and inept in this specific.

Donal
London