[lit-ideas] [BTvS-General] The Need for a Ceasefire: A Message From Marcia Freedman and Diane Balser

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:26:07 -0400

[BTvS-General] The Need for a Ceasefire: A Message From Marcia Freedman and
Diane BalserHere's an alternative viewpoint, Lawrence. I'm not sure I agree
with Brit Tzedek entirely, but here's their viewpoint. Michael Lerner, editor
of Tikkun, also has mixed feelings about the war on Lebanon. In spite of what I
said to Omar, I also have mixed feelings. I mourn the loss of life in both
Israel and Lebanon, but I'm not sure that a cease-fire today is what's needed.
A cease-fire would give Hez the breathing room it needs to regroup. It would
attack again, I'm sure, and blame Israeli aggression for any response. Omar
seems to think that any Israeli response is the problem; never is Hezbollah or
Hamas' attacks the issue.

Given the Omar's out there who see Israel at fault -- Hamas and Hezbollah are
poor little victims -- I want to see Hezbollah destroyed, turned into pulp.

Stan Spiegel
Portland, ME