[lit-ideas] Re: BLOWBACK HITS MUTTON BOARD

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 07:06:18 -0700

On Jun 30, 2009, at 1:04 AM, Eric Yost wrote:

BLOWBACK HITS MUTTON BOARD

[HUGO BLOWBACK]

Violence erupted today in the Mutton Board Room when Chairman Hugo Blowback, incensed by perceived encouragement of the ongoing campus protests, hurled a lectern at a piano, causing the piano to collapse, slightly injuring two board members.

I hate it when reporters leave out important details. Was the piano structurally unsound in some way? Both of my pianos would shrug off the slight impact of a lightly-hurled lecturn.

And what were the board members doing in, under or near the piano? Checking for woodworm, I'll bet.

Something is rotten in the state of Mutton, and it may be the soundboard.

David Ritchie,
up betimes in
Portland, Oregon