[lit-ideas] Re: Autographs (was Re: US exports)

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:37:43 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jan 8, 2005 2:44 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Autographs (was Re: US exports)

EH>  Next thing you know there will be
EH> machines that sign the signatures of dead writers.  Maybe I'll get
EH> my copy of Don Quixote signed.  I've always wanted Cervantes'
EH> autograph...

Now that's a great idea -- you should patent it fast...

A.A. I'll bet she could too.  The U.S. Patent office will now literally patent
anything.  Examiners in the Patent and Trademark office get bonuses on the
number of patents they handle.  It's easier to approve than deny.  It's why the
drug companies are granted so many patents for inventing nothing at all.

Speaking of drug companies, I saw a cartoon the other day.  It was a picture of
pill bottle with the words "Contains FDA Approved Drug".  On the side it said
"Warning: Contains FDA Approved Drug".  But we're still at the tip of the
iceberg.  It will be a long long time before Congress feels threatened enough
to think about getting out of bed with the industry that is so rapaciously
fleecing its constituents.

Andy Amago