[lit-ideas] Re: Auto-Eu-Phonia (Was Hetero-Kako-Phonia

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:24:41 -0500

JL:
Is this by the grace of God, Geary?

Dunno.

I wonder what accent God had when he talked to Adam and Eve? Or to Moses? Or to Mohammed? Is God an omniaccentual being? Or does he sound hopelessly Yiddish? Or Arabic with all those gutturals? -- yikes! I generally don't tell people this, but God has spoken to me on occasion, but to no avail. I couldn't understand a single word He said. It sounded a little bit like Hindi -- there were several Indian fellows at Christian Brothers College -- they talked like they only had two seconds to get everything said. Jesus! Who'd have guessed so many syllables could fit into one sentence? Anyway, every time God tries to talk to me, I tell Him: "English, damnit, English!" He leaves in a huff. I ain't got time to go learn his language. If it's so damn important that I know, then He'll just have to learn mine.

Mike Geary
speaker of Shakespeare
in Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx