[lit-ideas] Re: Australian lawyer smokes pages of Koran

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:06:36 +0000 (GMT)

> They are all liberal responses in my opinion. Smoke 'em if
> you got 'em. Civil rights all around.

yes. I wouldn't call the proposed Koran-burning or the Koran/Bible smoking
liberal acts, but I know what you mean

> You want reactionary crazy stuff? After Hamas beat Fatah,
> some right-wing Islamic crazies used an RPG to blow open a
> Christian church in Gaza and they burned all the Bibles and
> crosses.

crazy/reactionary/whatever, a liberal society can't tolerate it, ior attacking
religious buildings or trying to bomb or burn them, that's at a minimum,
criminal damage.

Judy Evans, Cardiff