[lit-ideas] Re: August Thoughts on First Black President

  • From: "Eric " <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 15:17:14 -0400

the original post was adapted from a joke

Sure, I get the joke, Donal. It's a good one, though playing on stereotypes,
like Mark Twain's "The sun never sets on the British Empire because God
wouldn't trust an Englishman in the dark."

I saw it as a joke, but used it as a pretense to argue (half-jokingly) that
Obama doesn't need a gun to hurt people. As the anniversary of 9/11 approaches,
I wanted to share some of my reading and some of my concerns.

Eric