[lit-ideas] Auden-Isherwood/Britten

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:50:27 EST

It sounds to me like it may be one of those  early Auden/Isherwood play
collaborations set to music by Benjamin Britten --  the satire -- and drama --
of
it all? Will check.

Cheers,

JL

Geary:

"Does anyone know the name of a W. H. Auden  poem about leaders meeting in a
villa retreat and making decisions in that  safe and privileged atmosphere
that will rain death down on  cities? I've looked through many of Auden's
collected works, but can't  find it. I can't remember more than what I've just
told
unfortunately.  I'm 98% positive it exists out there in the world of print. If
it rings  a bell, please let me know."