[lit-ideas] Re: Atonement

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:36:57 -0800

On Jan 14, 2008, at 4:32 PM, jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

I would like to start this thread on the film by J. Wright, based on the novel by McEwan, scripted by Hampton, starring Keira Knightley.

And what have I been hearing these last few weeks in two hemispheres? About how close my daughter got to K.K. at the premiere of the movie. *This* close. And there was that Scottish fellow, James McAvoy, who is apparently quite attractive. I, of course, am too old for any such thoughts and have never enjoyed a sexual fantasy involving a soccer game, K.K., Emmanuelle Beart and multiple goal scoring of any sort.

David Ritchie,
holding a completely straight bat in
Portland, Oregon