[lit-ideas] Re: Atonement

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 01:57:02 +0000

Monday, November 8, 2004, 1:23:02 AM, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

Jac> Judy --

Jac> I finally managed to obtain and read McEwan's "Atonement".  I'm so  glad
you
Jac> mentioned it -- I'd never have come across it, I don't think, and it's
Jac> wonderful.

Oh good. I think it's a wonderful book -- and I thought you'd take to it.

Jac> Are there others of his out there equally good?

There are certainly others well worth reading -- and some people think, better
than _Atonement_. I suggest you avoid _Amsterdam_ (which won the Booker
Prize!).  But it's difficult to choose among the others. I began with _The
Cement Garden_, you could try that

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx