[lit-ideas] Re: Assault Crimes

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 08:04:29 -0700

To Paul Stone:  In one of the articles I posted there was indication that
the U.S. looks worse in the murder category because it counts every homicide
as a murder whereas, apparently, other nations count them as other things.
Perhaps someone has made the murder statistic into a level playing field,
but I haven't found that yet.

But here is an older article apparently by a British Doctor deploring the
situation in Britain.  Would you really rather live there than in the U.S.?
Assuming of course this doctor wasn't hallucinating.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_25_54/ai_95612956

Lawrence

  _____