[lit-ideas] Re: Ask the Ayatollah

  • From: "Steve Chilson" <stevechilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 06:06:37 +0100

thanks for those memories, Andy.

I know it's not the same thing but I used to live on 7th street b/w 1st
and 2nd aves, a nice mix of orthodox ukraines and catholic poles.  There
was this great Ukranian religious edifice almost directly across the
street from McSorley's, arguably one of the oldest pubs in NYC.  I
remember many a Sunday morning standing between the two thinking to
myself which door do I go for Gene, the religious severity or the double
half pints?  Masturbation or fasting?  Oddly, I always went for the half
pints.

One of the underrated things about fasting is the feast.

I think it could be argued that masturbation is fasting in a sense.  In
fact, masturbation could be considered prevention.  Nevermind, I'm
losing the plot.  Certainly it's wasted sperm.  Sperm that could be used
to create little four year olds you could strap a fake pack of
explosives to and take photos of.

I'm sorry, I just can't get past this fasting and masturbation
juxtaposition.

and just so you know, Andy - when I typed thanks for those memories, I
wasn't being sarcastic - you made me remember a few years I thought I'd
already forgotten.  Ta.

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 00:42:29 -0400, "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> [...]
  Steve Chilson