[lit-ideas] Re: As the World Turns

  • From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 20:54:27 +0700

John McCreery wrote:

"Amazing and possibly even relevant to so much we discuss here.
http://blip.tv/file/1937322

I would be interested in knowing what John found amazing and relevant.
 I really dislike this kind of powerpoint presentation, but I thought
some interesting points were raised.  The r/w and r/o stuff wasn't all
that helpful and it wasn't clear to me what it added.  At the end of
the presentation, I was left unsatisfied.  The two points I thought
most interesting concerned changing the laws regarding copyright
(moving away from the idea of 'copy' to 'use') and building an
infrastructure to encourage hybrid use.  On these two points, however,
the speaker gives no suggestions for moving forward.  Attention is
given to how the current system is failing, but no ideas for improving
the system.  As I watched, I was looking forward to some insight
regarding future possibilities, but nothing came.  So, I am curious as
to what John found amazing and relevant.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Yogyakarta, Indonesia