[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Saddam problem?

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:47:21 -0700 (PDT)

> "Yet, despite the fact that it would be difficult to
> name a single area
> of Iraqi life which has improved as a result of the
> American actions,
> when the subject is Iraq and the person I'm having a
> discussion with has
> no other argument left to defend US policy there, at
> least at the
> moment, I may be asked:
>
> "Just tell me one thing, are you glad that Saddam
> Hussein is out of power?"

*The question has surely reached the point when it
would make anyone but Phil and Eric vomit. Saddam
Hussein was propped into power by the US (if not he
personally, then at least his party), pushed into war
against Iran by the US, provoked into occuppying
Kuwait by the US, bombed by the US, sanctioned
economically by the US, and finally removed by the US
to make to make way for a new team of thug servants.
Yeah by all means let's cheer that he is out of power.

Yeah, right. (Delivers a hard kick into the ass.)

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com