[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:02:07 -0400

If not Togo, then Pogo.  We've met the enemy, Lawrence, and he's us.  Our
massive debt, our evaporating middle class, and so on.  We're merging with
Mexico and it's going absolutely unnoticed.  We're going to be eliminating
regulatory organizations as redundant, going to be allowing Mexico to oversee a
lot of health and safety and environment and so on.  The unions are a thing of
the past basically.  What do you think of that Lawrence?  Probably nothing, you
either don't know it's happening, since you're too busy fixated somewhere else,
or you think fundamental changes such as these aren't important.  It's like
they're doing a "Look over there!" and you are.  It doesn't matter.  There's
not a thing either you or I can do about it anyway.  I feel like the U.S. I
grew up in is no more.  I'm even thinking of not voting anymore.  Fight back,
Lawrence, even if you have no idea how to do that or even against whom.