[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:14:37 -0400

Morality may be grounded in rationality, but rationality is subservient to
the emotions.  Therefore, morality is either grounded in the emotions or
it's an academic construct.  Maybe that's why humanity talks a good line
about morality while their behavior is downright venal.  And that's on a
good day.  On a bad day ...

epistemologically-oriented