[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:53:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Who was with the Nazis during World War II?
>
> Why the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, that
> proto-Islamist,
> Hitler's buddy, the Mufti who had himself
> photographed with
> Hitler and ultimately sought refuge in Berlin.

*Was the Mufti the only person who supported Hitler at
the time ? Ezra Pound did, too. What could this tell
us about the American writers ?

> So of all the people on the List, the one who would
> be most
> likely to have cheered on Hitler would be ... Omar.

*I doubt it. As I said before, while I am not opposed
*in principle* to war, I have little sympathy for
nationalism and I strongly dislike the military. I
doubt that I would have found Hitler's brand of
militaristic nationalism at all appealling.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com