[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:37:15 -0700 (PDT)

--- Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Most of us here may be talkers, but Al-Zarqawi for
> example was not not.
> Next time Eric wants to assert his moral
> superiority, or even equality,
> to Zarqawi, he might need to explain the fact that
> one of them was
> prepared to enlist, while the other was not." (Omar,
> 13 June 2006)
>
> Your lauding the moral superiority of someone who
> slits the throats of
> innocent people is noteworthy.

*I am not surprized that that you would play by taking
my statements out of context. The above comment was
made in response to Eric's numerous posts advocating
torture, killing, summary executions and the like. If
two men both in principle endorse horrible violence,
then the only moral criterion that remains to
distinguish between them is that one was prepared to
live up to his principles, while the other was not. I
stand behind what I said in the above, but within its
proper context.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com