[lit-ideas] Any Spanish speakers?

  • From: "Mohammad Al-Ubaydli" <mo@xxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:47:42 -0400

I wonder if I could use this list for a self-advertisment, and to ask for s=
ome help. Last week, the Spanish translation of my book ("Handheld Computer=
s for Doctors") was released:

http://www.handheldsfordoctors.com/book/buy/spanish.htm

I wanted to translate parts of this page into Spanish so that it would be p=
roperly indexed by www.google.es but my Spanish is even worse than my Frenc=
h. Is there anyone on this list who would be able to help out? I would need=
 around fifty words translated.

Much obliged in advance,
mohammad

PS this is the first book by a Bahraini to be translated into Spanish, and =
one of only a few medical books by an Arab to be translated into Spanish si=
nce the 12th century. (Arabs think proudly of the Ibn Rushd's texts in Anda=
lusia eight centuries ago.) The Bahraini press and Asharq AlAwsat are menti=
oning it as a positive image of Arabs compared to the idiocy of the Madrid =
train tragedy.