[lit-ideas] Re: Anonymity and revelation...

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:11:35 -0600

Jeez, you guys could complicate a cast iron skillet. Sister Catherine Jane taught me that the objects of copulative verbs are ALWAYS in the nominative case and that objects of copulative verbs are not called 'objects' but 'predicate nominatives' -- a jesuitical trick, I take it, to get around the rule that objects are always in the objective case. I trust Sister Catherine Jane over everyone else -- she got her stuff straight from God.

Mike Geary
Memphis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ursula Stange" <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>