[lit-ideas] Re: Annie Proulx [antifreeze]

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:40:49 -0500

Actually, and then I have to log off, cold water fish have a natural
antifreeze, so to speak.  Otherwise they'd freeze to death in the bitterly
cold waters.  Their "antifreeze" as it were, is their omega 3 oils.  In
fact, I have a feeling I came down with rheumatoid arthritis, very mild
though.  I have an appointment on Friday to see what she says.  The reason
I bring it up is because fish has powerful anti-inflammatory properties,
clinically established.  So does ginger and other spices.  I started eating
fish again every day and created a (good tasting) drink of orange juice and
spices that have established, if mostly Ayurvedic and anecdotal,
anti-inflammatory properties.  My joints have stopped twinging and the
other symptoms went away.  I'm even thinking about canceling my appointment
since I'm symptom free, but I'll probably go, it's only $20.   She'll
probably tell me to keep up the good work.  It's like that discussion on
rainforest plants.  They're as powerful or more powerful than anything man
has devised and we're destroying them without a care.