[lit-ideas] Re: Anisotropic Time: It was 47 Years Ago Almost Today

  • From: cblitid@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 22:47:08 +0200

On 31-Aug-12, at 8:07 PM, David Ritchie wrote:

"Now he [Dylan] sounds like a Rolling Stone singing Immanuel Kant."

Searched my memory banks, trying to make sense of this metaphor. Nope. Can't recall ever hearing a Rolling Stone singing... So now the imagination comes into play. Alas I don't know enough about Kant to know which bits are best sung. Maybe someone on the list can fill me in?

Well, here are the words:

http://www.auburn.edu/academic/liberal_arts/philosophy/kant.htm

but the music ... well, for one thing (even though I've never heard Charlie Watts sing, I can confidently attest that) that sure ain't no Rolling Stone singing.

But I can almost imagine it being rapped - with shred guitar accompaniment by Yngwie Malmsteen.

Chris Bruce,
gathering no moss, in
Kiel, Germany

P.S. I see that Pigor and Eichorn's Heidegger song is available now on Youtube ("Heidegger, Heidegger, oh woe woe - Hannah, Hannah!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JivXia9KUuY&feature=related