[lit-ideas] Re: Anisotropic Time: It was 47 Years Ago Almost Today

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:07:04 -0700

On Aug 31, 2012, at 2:53 AM, Donal McEvoy wrote:

> http://johannasvisions.com/today-bob-dylan-released-highway-61-revisited-in-1965-47-years-ago/
>
> Someone must have noted this before, but, if not, might point out that title
> is genius play on Brideshead Revisited. Not a lot of people know that.
>
> Donal
> Listening to Copper Kettle getting ready for the Tempest

"Now he [Dylan] sounds like a Rolling Stone singing Immanuel Kant."

Searched my memory banks, trying to make sense of this metaphor.  Nope.  Can't
recall ever hearing a Rolling Stone singing...  So now the imagination comes
into play.  Alas I don't know enough about Kant to know which bits are best
sung.  Maybe someone on the list can fill me in?

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon