[lit-ideas] Re: Analyze THIS

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 03:18:34 -0500

The black guy spitting on the white guy perplexed me a lot.  Especially when
the white says to the black "what are you, some kinda liberal?" (that may be
a paraphrase)... I can only guess from the clip (and the infamous cig ad)
that the target audience is the redneck portion of the republicans who stand
for guns, drinking (notice the brown bottles tipped up to the guy's lip
toward the very beginning), smoking, and racism.  But how well is a black
candidate going to play to that group??

Julie Krueger