[lit-ideas] An article that may interest a few of you

  • From: "Peter D. Junger" <junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Literature and Ideas List <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:43:08 -0400

I have just completed and posted on my web site at
<http://samsara.law.cwru.edu/patart/> a draft of an article
entitled "You Can't Patent Software: Patenting Software Is
Wrong".

The first part is pretty much a standard law review article and
is not likely to be of much interest to anyone here.  The second
part ends up discussing, superficially, matters like the nature and
history of computers, the nature of information, the Church-Turing
thesis, truth-tables, Boolean algebra, and my personal experiences
for the couple of evenings that I worked as a computer during the
summer that I was a gravity observer up in the Northwest Territories.
That portion may contain some matters of some interest to some of
you.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu