[lit-ideas] Re: Amis Antithesis

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 00:28:41 -0400

"Not Jack Daniels unfortunately..." - Mike Geary

Not even mass produced rotgut? Not even some regular Jack? Mike may need to get out more, and we should establish a fund to provide him with more worthy bourbon as the spirit moves him to get out more. Surely there's decent bourbon in Memphis? Or would we have to ship it in from Kentucky? In any case, such spirant sibilant consideratenesses will not discourage us from recalling the Gotham Book Mart's "box for Henry Miller," where literary patrons placed gifts of food and clothes and booze to be shipped to Henry Miller in Paris. Nowadays there is PayPal. And there is Mike.