[lit-ideas] Re: Amis Antithesis

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:27:21 -0700

Andreas:

I read you doing your short little angry jab thing but no presenting of
Civil Rights we had lost.  Mike imagined the current law migrating into
someone coming out to San Jacinto to haul me off, but other than that I
don't recall any indication of normal Americans, i.e., Americans not
suspected of being involved with Terrorism being taken away.  As to the
three Republicans opposing Bush, I'm not seeing that as a serious matter.
In his speech he said he proposed something and was willing to negotiate.
Now they will be negotiating.  I'm failing to see a problem here.  Thinking
maybe I missed something I read my morning paper on the subject and looked
at Google, but see nothing other than that negotiations are (about issues
not being divulged) going on.  Once again the sky does not seem to be
falling.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/us-restarts-talks-on-interrogation/2006/
09/19/1158431710774.html

Not even the NYTimes has the sky falling:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/19/washington/19interrogate.html

Lawrence