[lit-ideas] Re: American from abroad

  • From: Eric <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 04:59:44 -0400

Julie: <http://www.readersupportednews.org/opinion2/266-32/3327-dwight-was-right>Comments,

Eric?  (and others...)

Last time I heard that Ike chestnut nutty Moore re-roasts was in a History of US Foreign Policy course last summer. Personally I think we should have more military, not less. Not that I favor bringing it up to JFK levels of GNP, but at least a few wiser decisions in military spending.

For example, Obama canceled the jet fighter program that would guarantee US air superiority, while obsessing on drone technology. But what good are drones if one doesn't have air superiority? Some of O's military decisions seem so dumb as to be suicidal.

My only consolation is the hope that Obama knows a lot more than I do, and there are valid reasons for his spending decisions that are classified. Hope is that thin reed.