[lit-ideas] Re: America Under Bush

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 00:18:36 EST

In a message dated 11/2/2005 6:39:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,
johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

On the  radio, one of the Pentagon planners said that a bomb
could be dropped ONLY  if there would probably be fewer than 30 civilain
casualties. We've  dropped, what, 50,000 bombs.....?

Hi,
One thing regarding this particular war that I have not heard spoken about
for a long time (it was one of the arguments that I had had when I was
concerned  about this war--for there concern I had was if we used the same
types of
weapons  that we used in the first Gulf War...)

That is, we used depleted uranium (coated?) on weapons that our soldiers
used. I don't know if we also did on the bombs we have dropped.

But, the health issues for the civilians because of the first Gulf War
regarding things like the deformities, etc. were pretty bad and still there
since
things had not been cleaned up by anyone.

Did we, are we, still using the same weaponry?  Does anyone  know?

(Knowing that we did have illnesses/deformed little ones/etc. in lives of
the US soldiers from the first war also is something that I have wondered if we

will ever hear about in regards to this war...)

Just curious...

and re-reading about eliminating peace (met this guy on a plane many years
ago...when Ben was a little one and he helped me with him on the plane...)
Very intriguing then and still think about some, now...

_http://www.hilgart.org/papers_html/071S188.512.html_
(http://www.hilgart.org/papers_html/071S188.512.html)

_http://www.hilgart.org/_ (http://www.hilgart.org/)

Best,