[lit-ideas] Re: America Under Bush

  • From: John Wager <johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:39:09 -0600

Mike Geary wrote:

CIA Holds Terror Suspects in Secret Prisons
Debate Is Growing Within Agency About Legality and Morality of Overseas System Set Up After 9/11

I'm almost 62 years old.

Correct--at least I can't comment.

I've been politically aware for about 45 years.

I would guess a bit longer, from your postings.

I'm not politicially naive, I don't believe.

If you DO believe you're politically naive.

I think this admininistration more than any other in American history is guilty of crimes of against humanity.

Correct again! 1. Massively inappropriate use of faith as a pollitical "force," not as an inviation.
2. Hopelessly misguided war, fought with inadequate resources to protect our own troops and a shocking low regard for civilian casualties. (On the radio, one of the Pentagon planners said that a bomb could be dropped ONLY if there would probably be fewer than 30 civilain casualties. We've dropped, what, 50,000 bombs.....?
3. Disregard for human rights for foreigners even remotely suspected of terrorism
4. Disregard for U.S. citizens' rights on a level that makes the McCarthy era seem tame.
5. Corporate ties that accelerate the exsanguination of the lower class.
6. Selective ignoring of global problems like global warming or AIDS
7. etc. etc. etc.

And I hope they will be held accoutable before international courts. Am I wrong?

Finally, something I can disagree wth: Ther will be NO accounting. NO blame or responsibility assigned. Mr. Bush will retire to Texas and have barbecues with his Dad.

Mike Geary Memphis is vastly

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx
Forest Park, IL, USA