[lit-ideas] Re: Amazing babies

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 10:21:54 -0400

On 5/27/07, Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Recently, scientists have learned the following:

   - At a few days old, infants can pick out their native tongue from a
   foreign one.

But the then the article goes on to talk about 4 MONTH old babies. This is
HARDLY "a few days old".  Of course, maybe the definition of a 'few' has
changed since I was a kid. I know a lot of people use 'a couple' to mean
what a few used to mean. Personally, i would say 120 days is 'many' more
than just a few.

now dealing with a 14 day old and starting to believe in a capricious,
malevolent old-testament G_d,

paul