[lit-ideas] Am I still on Lit-Ideas? A Test

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 16:18:11 -0700

Andreas sent me a somewhat ambiguous note that could be read as either 1) he
was blocking my notes from his personal computer, 2) he was blocking me from
Lit-Ideas or 3) he was making a joke.  In his note to me he said I had "gone
too far," which was an allegation Ann Coulter said that Conservatives often
made against her.  And he was responding to my Ann Coulter note as though my
posting of it had gone "too far."  I responded to Andreas as though he were
making a joke, but later when I attempted to respond to John Wager I got the
following:

Mail System Error - Returned Mail

Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.

The return address was "<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"

Please reply to Postmaster@<PostmasterDomain> if you feel this message to be
in error.

I had no reason to feel the message to be in error.  I assumed that Andreas
note must mean that I had been booted out of Lit-Ideas for invoking Ann
Coulter, albeit in a minor way - and primarily because of her collective
term "Liberal."

I therefore said farewell to a few people and shuffled off to Theoria.

But, but, but, said Judy, "The thing is, your reply to John Wager reached
the list -- if this is the one you mean."  And then forwarded the very note
that had been returned to me.

Cough, cough, cough.  Could that be true?   Am I still on Lit-Ideas or not?
I can't really ask Andreas if he has blocked me from his personal computer;
so I shall have to put this to the test.

Lawrence, only modestly amused by this whole experience