[lit-ideas] Re: All praise to JC

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 15:51:30 +0000 (GMT)

I haven't read the blog posts, you're right about that. I find email posts
easier to cope with, also, for reasons I don't understand, I am usually unable
to click on your links to your blog posts!   And I'm using Firefox 3,6, which
pouts when asked to go to a web page, hares off in pursuit of google-analytics
instead, crashes... web use has been miserable for some while now

I'll try to look albeit I am sure you haven't actually proved the point

Judy Evans, Cardiff
--- On Sat, 3/7/10, Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

From: Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: All praise to JC
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, 3 July, 2010, 0:34

Judy,

It might seem like slander if I didn't develop arguments to prove my point;
which I did in other notes not so long ago.  You obviously missed those notes.
I don't know what to do about that.

Lawrence

From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 2 July, 2010, 22:57

but I should reply to Lawrence too, if both briefly and partly, now

>Another way to look at the objects of Blogblather's condemnation would be to
>see them >.as European ways that had not yet been sloughed off by Americans
>dedicated to free
>.enterprise and human rights.

a way that falls foul of the difference between indentured labour and chattel
slavery, of Somersett's case, which effectively abolished slavery
(mainly=domestic service, some 14.000 slaves) in the uk --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somersett's_Case -- of the 1807 Slave Trade Act
and the 1833 Abolition of Slavery Act (seen as the only way to eliminate the
slave trade).

but anyway as Mike says, the US is a hotchpotch