[lit-ideas] Re: Al Pacacino

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:23:22 -0400

>>History is written by the victor, in this case the one standing on top of the biggest pile of dead bodies.

That's quite an achievement. You make me admire historians. How does one even get a desk up there? The smell. The instability of large piles. Then there's the problem of references ... and visitors.

>> the media in the U.S. today is one of which Goebbels would be proud, and that is but a statement of fact.

Wow! You must have found a primary source from Goebbels...maybe something called "Media I Would Have Been Proud of if I Weren't Dead." That's great historical research.

>>think of all the inventions that were never invented and the discoveries never discovered among the 45 million dead bodies.

Nonexistent things hidden among 45 million bodies? You really are challenging.

>>Also, Eric, dropping the equivalent of 280 atomic bombs on Montana and walking away qualifies as pretty bizarre, don't you think?

The people of Montana would not have the chance to think it was bizarre but, indeed, I do. Plus dropping bombs and walking away would put one outside of the bombing aircraft.

Parachuting into mushroom clouds,
Mr. Amazement