[lit-ideas] Ahmadinejad's letter to Bush

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 13:36:40 -0700

Here is an interesting article from US News & World Report on a letter the
Iranian President, Ahmadinejad, just sent to President Bush:
<http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAN_US?SITE=DCUSN&SECTION=TOP_STORI
ES&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT>
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/I/IRAN_US?SITE=DCUSN&SECTION=TOP_STORIE
S&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

We can't really tell anything from the article.  That is we don't know what
is in the letter or why Ahmadinejad sent it to Bush.  The writer of the
article, Nasser Karimi consulted various people about the letter and they
all seemed skeptical about anything good coming from it.

However, I continue to have these occasional optimistic thoughts: can anyone
in Iran really be so stupid as to think the U.S. is bluffing about not
wanting them to have nuclear weapons?  Surely they, someone in Iran, will
cause the Iranian government to come to their collective senses and back
off.

Lawrence