[lit-ideas] Re: Ahmadi-Nejad's Letter to Bush

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 08:44:01 -0400

What you're doing by threatening military action and by our having taken
military action, is taking all the people in the center of the bell curve and
giving them a reason to give the fringes another look.  You say they've
declared war on us.  What do you call what we did and want to do to them?   The
oil spot approach is more effective than war, which is ineffective, as Iraq has
shown.  Just as most Americans are not political, neither are most Muslims.
Instead of giving Joe Muslim Average a reason to give the Islamic fringes
another look because they're terrified of the Americans, who are terrified of
the Muslims, why not give them a reason to not hate us and not be terrified?
There are always going to be fringe groups.  A fringe group in the U.S. bombed
Oklahoma City.  But most Americans don't support them.  Most Muslims don't
support the fringes of Islamism either, all they want is to survive and have a
bigger house in the suburbs, just like everybody else.  Give them a
  reason to come to your side of the fence.  Up until the Iraq invasion,
Americans were the cultural leaders of the world.  Iraq changed that.  By
advocating barbarism and acting like barbarians, we're driving ourselves deeper
into the Middle Ages, where the US. already is anyway in this age of
anti-Darwin and pro-apocalypse.

I've asked you this before and I'll ask again, if you were King of the World,
what would your world look like, and what would be your game plan for making it
look that way?

Catch you later.  (And please answer my question about being King of the World.
 Not something you read in a book, but your ideas.)