[lit-ideas] Re: Agnotology

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:35:09 -0500

I'm sure it comes as no surprise to any of you that I know nothing about
agnotology.  And I suppose that must make me somewhat of an expert.
Just how some that what is, I don't know, knowing as I do, nothing about the
subject. Alwaystheless, I have nothing to say about nothing.  Unlike
Heidegger who felt most at home in the Nothingnest, I feel most comfortable
when I'm winging it.  Is nothing nothing more than no thing?  Is there such
a case of the world as no thing?  Is to speak of no thing a
radical contradiction of reason and a betrayal of the essense of language?
I don't know.  I just don't know.  And I don't care that I don't know.  I
don't know why I don't care.  I just don't.

Mike Geary
affiming my ignorance in Memphis